Tip: Chickpeas should be cooked separately from meat
- Place chickpeas to soak in large bowl in lukewarm water from the evening before.
- The next day, drain and sprinkle with soda. Leave to stand for 15 minutes. Rinse very well with warm water.
- Place in pot submersing them fully in water.
- Bring the water to boil. When boiling, white foam will be made; scoop foam with spoon and throw in sink.
- Put in chopped onions, salt and pepper and allow simmering until soft and mushy.
- Chop 1kg of veal into cubed pieces.
- Place them in pan with ½ cup of organic extra virgin olive oil p oil to sauté.
- Add 1 finely chopped tomato (placed in blender) or use 1 can of ready-made tomato paste and 2 cups of water and bring to a slow simmer.
- When the meat is braised, place chickpeas in pan, mix and bring to boil for 5 minutes.