Basil Quinoa salad! Easy yet a dish full of flavour.
Quinoa is a very special whole grain because it is a complete protein on its own, and it cooks in only 15 minutes because the grain is very small!
Although this is best served with fish, you could also make this into a salad by adding an oil/vinaigrette dressing on it. We love making this quinoa dish as it is a total superfood that is simple to cook!
Dish Type: Side Dish
Season: All Year
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp evo3 olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful fresh thyme
- handful fresh basil, chiffonade
- handful sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the quinoa to the pan and toast the grains in the olive oil. As the quinoa cooks, you will hear it popping, and see some grains jumping. When you get to that point, it is toasted enough.
3. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add salt, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa absorbs the broth. It should be loose and light.
4. Add in the sun dried tomatoes and basil. Cook for a few more minutes.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.